Return to the Previous Page.
Please click to read the notes that accompany this application form...
Before applying for membership please note:
- The company generally must have been trading for a minimum of three years;
- The company generally must have three years trading accounts (for Plc/Ltd/LLP filed with Companies House);
- The company must not, in the reasonable view of CFA, be or likely to become financially insolvent (CFA credit checks all applicants);
- CFA must be able to obtain positive trade references;
- The significant proportion of activity must be within the contract flooring market;
- The CFA charges an application fee of £150 plus VAT, which is non refundable;
- Companies applying for membership must be operating from registered and if appropriate suitable business premises.
- Your application will go before the CFA Council for approval against the membership criteria which forms part of this application form and is available on request.
The CFA reserves the right to ask questions of the applicant's referees and to take into account any information regarding the applicant from any source when considering an application. Any information taken into account will, prior to a conclusion being reached by the CFA, be put to the applicant for comment. The CFA shall then consider the information and any comment the applicant has made to decide whether the applicant's conduct or trading methods are, or have been, such as to make it desirable that they do not become members.
Any applicant who is refused membership on the above basis is entitled to appeal the CFA's decision, using the procedure set out in the CFA's Complaints and Appeal Procedure.
This category of membership is designed to capture those companies who do not fall into one of the main categories, but in the opinion of the council can demonstrate a direct connection to or interests in the flooring industry / CFA members and or the objectives / values of the CFA as an organisation.
The CFA Council will, at their discretion, apply a membership fee that they feel is appropriate and reflects the type of business or individual applying for membership.
'Member-Other' members are not given voting rights at AGMs. At the discretion of the Council, some 'Member-Other' members may be given limited use of the CFA logo. 'Member-Other' members are given full use of CFA member benefit help-lines.
Please be as thorough as possible.
Proof of financial solvency and probity
· CFA credit checks all companies applying for membership.
· For Plc/Ltd/LLP - The company must have three years trading accounts filed with Companies House.
· For Partnerships and Sole Traders – You must submit a copy of your last three sets of year end accounts within seven days, failure to do so may lead to a delay in processing your application.
By submitting an application for membership, you confirm that you have read and understood the declaration as outlined on the application form on behalf of the company and that you are authorised to apply for CFA membership on its behalf.Note: Applications will only be fully processed upon the payment of the administration fee.
Return to the Previous Page.